Monday, September 3, 2012

Realism

There are many things I wish I could be... A musician, a mathematician, a lawyer, a pastor, a poet, a scientist, a better listener, a chef, a counsellor, a surfer, a linguist, a marathon runner, an accountant, a unicorn & also I wish I was organised.

Some of these aspirations, are realistic. 
Some of these, are not.

In life people will say many things, share maaaaaany opinions. Some helpful, some not so much...
People have told me I am fat, ugly, an idiot, dumb, stupid, can't sing, can't learn, can't run, will never be loved & will amount to nothing. 
Heavy right? Yep. Well, it was easy enough to brush these comments off at the time they were spoken. However after a while of hearing these things again & again it made me think... Why would anyone say these things? Surely it can't just come from nowhere! Maybe what they said is true?!! These horrible words played on my innermost insecurities, untill eventually my thoughts changed from maybe I am an what they say? To I am an idiot, I am ugly, I am fat, I am unlovable.

You are what you emotionally eat. 
My friends, I was eating lies....

Lies are not the truth, they are a twisting of reality. Duh! We have a choice as to what we feed ourselves emotionally. It seems obvious retrospectively, but it took some great friends & opportune words to get me to believe this.

For me, I may not be world renowned or super stick thin, but DO I have a healthy body & am grateful for every opportunity that has been bestowed upon me. Even if that opportunity is just to bear witness to another beautiful sunrise, love others & catch up for coffee with a friend. 

These are just my musings, my own life experiences.
However I wished to write & share them, partly to serve as a reminder to myself, but mostly in case anyone else was like me & also has had a past.
In which case, I do truly hope that you analyse what you are feeding your brain with. Choose truth & truthful thought patterns. Remember that 'You are wonderfully & fearfully made' Psalm 139. God made you, he loves you & thinks you are an artwork exactly the way you are. You were crafted with intricacy & designed. You were created to be different from everyone else, including me, you were designed to be YOU! AND you are the very best version of YOU going round ;)

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mothers womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully & wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. Psalm 139:13-16

At the end of the day dont say, I won't, because they said, you can't! In other words. Dont let assumptions that other people make about you, define what your capabilities are in this life. 
You can do it. Ok? Ok!
Go learn that language, go study that course, go say hi to that person you have a crush on, go learn how to cook, go live your dreams!!! Whatever the heck they may be!!!! Just GO!

For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear. I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

Oops, time to get off my soapbox...

Dear Miss Pretty xx



3 comments:

  1. wow!such a beautiful post!i understand you perfectly!keep going on your rood,girl!http://msfashionstreet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh I am glad all of my ramblings made a little sense! ditto xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to 'like' this with a big thumbs up so much. You are a pretty wonderful lady

    ReplyDelete