If you have no interest in rooibos facts & just want to see pretty pictures of cupcakes, scroll baby scroll!!!
- Rooibos is difficult to pronounce. Just say it confidently & know your probably butchering the pronunciation regardless.
- Rooibos is naturally caffeine free, unlike black & green teas. Sweet dreams!
- Rooibos has a unique colour, scent & flavour. Slightly sweet & fruity.
- In many countries Rooibos is enjoyed as a hot or cold beverage with or without milk. Making it a good black tea substitute.
- Rooibos is South African. The mountainous area of Cederberg (north of cape town) is the ONLY place in the world where rooibos grows naturally.
- Rooibos is the only known source of a specifically beneficial, rare & potent antioxidant called aspalanthin.
- The complex mixture of poluphenols in Rooibos may help protect against free radicals. (Free radicals are those nasty unstable molecules that can lead to cancer by damaging cells DNA. Frown face). The antioxidants in rooibos can neutralise these free radicals & assist in limiting their negative impact. (Science degree just payed for itself. Boom.)
- Snails don't like Rooibos, so if you sprinkle some rooibos dust (or used tea leaves) on the surface of the garden, they will run far far away. Rooibos tea can be mixed into the soil, improving drainage & helps also plants grow.
- Rooibos can be used in cooking. Yum yum.
Here are some more yummy cupcakes I made. Cherrybos chocolate cupcakes. Which are chocolate rooibos based cupcakes with morello cherries & then topped with a chocolate rooibos icing.
|Cupcake = check. Flowers = check. Sunshine = check. Now just add a tea to the equation!|
|mmm morello cherries!!!|