Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lilo

Life has been a big pool of busy lately!
So I wanted to maximise my much needed day off, so I went on a little road trip to Dromana.
On the way to heronswood gardens, we stopped off at one of my favourite little cafes along the peninsula. A quirky little place named Lilo. The cafe is right on the beach, cosy, modern & has a city edge. Which I love. Apart from the delicious food, it is also incredibly visually appealing. Imagine a box of green crayons exploded in a cafe & you are left with Lilo. I mean that in a good way. Decorated in numerous shades of green, you can tell that whoever decorated this place had far too much fun!


eye spy a pineapple lamp & the statue of liberty!
cactus teacups. of course.

caffeine fix



Theres always something new & quirky happening there if you look. Last time I visited was in the summertime and they had potted heirloom tomato on the counter for sale. This time I fell in love with cute up-cycled jar's the owners had made.
vintage farm figurines glued onto vintage jar caps & spray painted!


Now admittedly I could make this fairly easily, but I always like to financially support & encourage people who have innovative creative ideas (lets blame my artist family for this 'appreciate art' mentality). So I went home with the cute horse jar for $12.
Raise a glass of champagne. Here is to losing hair ties no more! Cheers!!!
dear miss pretty xx


2 comments:

  1. That place is wonderful!!! Can't wait to go again!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always reminds me of you too! soo much greene! Can't wait!!!

      Delete