Monday, August 6, 2012

Barbie bread breakfast

My mother has a knack for making friends with complete strangers. To the point where it is not entirely unusual for me to be handed thank you letters & presents from strange people who love her. Haha! Oh mama pretty!
Now, one of these strangers was a lovely gentleman who happened to own an organic cafe. My mum got chatting to the young italian fella & came home with two loaves of organic bread that he gifted her. WOW!

There was a lovely pumpkin bread with sunflower seeds, which was delish & was thus munched up in a heartbeat. The other amazing loaf was in a rather intimidating shade of fuchsia pink... So after chanting the 'don't judge a book by its cover mantra' a few times to psych myself up. I nibbled on the slightly barbie hued loaf. One nibble & I was utterly hooked!
To this day beetroot bread is my all time favourite bread.

Soo, this morning I had some with avocado, danish fetta, herbs from the garden & olive oil. Yum yum yum.





dear miss pretty xx


No comments:

Post a Comment