Monday, July 30, 2012

gardening - just call me don burke

I am slightly concerned that instead of becoming an old cat lady, I have adopted vegetables...
Perhaps it is because i studied plant biology at university? 
Ethical/moral based reasoning aside, I am well & truly fascinated with the myriad of colours, shapes & tastes that heirloom vegetables come in! Who would have known that tomatoes are not only red, but pink, yellow, orange, green, purple, white & striped! Also, did you know there is such a thing as a purple potato? Not making this stuff up.
I plan on growing some AMAZING treasures this coming summer, including fuchsia borlotti beans & black striped tomatoes.

Here are some of the treasures I grew from seed last summer:
scarlet runner beans - these beans grow for SEVEN years & have beautiful scarlet flowers. just call me jack.

lemon drop tomato - bite size cherry toms with a zesty tang. highly prolific!

heirloom climbing beans - scarlet runner, purple king, rattlesnake.

pretty patch

there is something satisfying about harvest - zucchini tromboncino, purple king bean, rattlesnake bean, green bean, basil, lemon drop tomato, and zucchini flowers















dear miss pretty
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment